Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Beautiful Branches - What's Your Secret Impulse?

Branches bring their organic elegance to the table
 There are beautiful branches suspended from my dining room ceiling and I love them. Their wild organic shape is bringing contrast, excitement and exuberance into the room. Just some cuttings from the yard, wire, a few white cup hooks in the ceiling, and I have a vista that interests and pleases me every time it catches my eye! I've wanted to do this for a couple of years but hesitated; putting holes in the ceiling gave me pause. Finally, day after day of grey weather outside our windows drove me to throw caution to the wind. I'm so glad I did! Once again, the riskier choice had the biggest payoff. At this festive time of year, the air is full of abundance, promise, and permission to do the unexpected. If there's something you wouldn't normally have the guts to try, this is the time to do it. Wear that color, go to that special event, rearrange your furniture, surprise yourself! Take a minute to put your finger on what charms and delights you. NEVER immediately dismiss any idea. Not without giving it some consideration. Pursue the tiny flash of a thought. You can change it back when the next impulse strikes, right? Follow the unique and unusual. See where they take you. Your home, your life will be invigorated and much richer for the journey.
.
Tiny branches and a SJD bird bonbonniere made their way onto an adjoining wall

No comments:

Post a Comment